It's November 1st! That means that our classes are starting this month. We are kicking off our classes with some Homemaking skills that I know not everyone is well versed in.
There will be 7 classes in total. 5 classes are 1 hour in length. Then we have 2 project classes where I will take you step by step through the project. I am super excited about these classes and teaching you about something I hold very near and dear to my heart. The focus for these classes are Sewing skills. I have been sewing since I was about 5 years old (that's 40 years). My mama taught me everything she knew and I've learnt some other things along way as well.
So what are the classes??? I'm so glad you asked. The following is the schedule for the classes.
All classes will be on Wednesdays and start at 2pm PST (I'm in BC Canada) and will run for 1 hour in length. The classes are as follows:
1. Hand Sewing Basics$20
- sewing buttons, mending garments, Types of hand stitching.
2. Parts of Your Machine$20
- I have a machine now what? what are all these different feet for? How do I thread this thing?
3. Different Fabrics$20
- In this Class you will learn about the different types of fabric and how to use them. You'll also get a sneak peek into my fabric storage area.
4. How to Read Patterns$20
- What does it mean "right side of fabric", what on earth is the nap of the neck? What measurements do I read?
5. Easy Beginner Project (3 classes)$60
- Let's make a messenger bag. Step by step instruction on putting together your own messenger bag to carry your favorite books or whatever.
6. Quilting Basics$20
- Interested in quilting? What is a jelly roll, layer cake, fat eighth, fat quarter, flying geese, log cabin, pinwheel? Learn what on earth I'm talking about.
7. Beginner to Intermediate Quilt Project (6 classes)$120
- Let's make a quilt. Step by step instruction making a lap quilt. At the end of this class you will have made from start to finish a lap quilt that you can cozy up under with a hot cup of coca and a good book.
What does this cost??
- I have thought about this and I want to make it affordable. For the whole class list it's $280. For those of you who can't commit to all 14 weeks of classes then you can pick the classes you want to do and only pay for those. Click here and you will be directed to the class sign up page.